the new Online Training Initiative to Address Human Trafficking, developed by Multicultural Community Interpreter Services (MCIS). This initiative supports the government’s strategy to address human trafficking (HT) in Ontario. The objective of the initiative is to provide online training and related resources for service providers to enable them to better support HT victims in Ontario.
The training will include the following components:
- An overview of human trafficking in Canada and Ontario;
- Information on the dynamics of human trafficking;
- Human trafficking indicators;
- Service needs of trafficked persons;
- Unique needs of Aboriginal and Francophone clients; and
- Information on first response, medium and long-term support.